Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, has confirmed the death of two people in a gas explosion which occurred yesterday.
It said twenty-three others who were seriously injured were rescued from the explosion that occurred at Adule Street, Off Ojo Road, in Ajegunle area near Apapa, in Lagos State.
Its Director-General, Dr Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the development, said when LASEMA
officials arrived at the scene of the incident, they discovered that a gas cylinder store had exploded due to a gas leakage.
Oke-Osanyintolu said the remains of one of the two bodies, identified as Damilare Afolabi, had been bagged by the LASEMA Response Team and handed over to the family.
He said the entire area had been cordoned off and that post-disaster assessment was ongoing, urging residents to avoid the use of naked fire in the area to prevent further disaster.